Due to the Covid-19 virus, the church office will be available for calls Tuesday – Thursday from 10:00 – 12:00 and 1:00 – 3:00. No Outside Groups will be utilizing the building at this time. Through July, all worship services and activities are suspended.
Committees will be “meeting” and doing their work this month. The Chairperson will notify members if the meeting is via the internet or in person.
Protocol for Lakeside Presbyterian Church
A large group gathering is a high-risk activity during the pandemic. Out of concern for the health of our brothers and sisters the following protocol for in-person worship has been approved by the Session of LPC. Following the protocol demonstrates our care and love for our brothers and sisters. Thank you.
- People are to bring and wear their own face coverings (over nose and mouth).
- Sunday Greeters will be at the doorways spraying hand sanitizer. (Be sure to rub backs of hands and between fingers.)
- We will be spacing apart six feet in the sanctuary and overflow can space out in the fellowship hall if needed. (Families can sit together!)
- The elevator can be used, one person at a time wearing a mask. (Spouses can ride together!) The buttons need to be cleaned after use. Spray and paper towels will be inside the elevator.
- Hand sanitizer bottles are in the back and front of the sanctuary.
- Smile and greet people verbally before and after worship. There will not be passing the peace.
- It is not safe for everyone to be singing in the sanctuary. Hymns will be sung by a few leaders at the lectern. (A shield is put around this area.)
- The name tags, friendship pads, and hand-held microphones are put away for a while.
- Offering plates are placed in the back and front of the sanctuary. Your offering can be placed in the plate before or after worship.
- Prayer requests will be written on cards, shared by phone, or emailed to the office.
- Communion is suspended at least through the summer.
- We will not be having a fellowship time in the fellowship hall. If the weather is nice, you are encouraged to visit safely spaced apart on the CE lawn.
- It is not safe to use fans. Windows and doors can be open.
- Utilize the disinfectant spray (in the kitchen) to clean tables after use.
- We are not offering nursery care at this time.
- If you are ill, please stay home. Thank you!
Each day Lakeside Presbyterian Church provides an uplifting two minute message for all who dial 218-525-4424. Take time daily to hear a Bible passage and a short message to brighten your day! You may also leave a prayer request, if desired.
Seeking God through Christ
Are you looking for ways Christ can fill your life? Would you like to share your faith in a fellowship of friends? Lakeside Presbyterian is a place where you can find a community seeking God through Christ.
Growing in spirit
We are a mission-minded Church with many opportunities to serve. You will have the opportunity to work with local and international organizations. Volunteer with the local soup kitchen or travel to help those recovering from recent disasters.
You can find many ministries to participate in within our church. For the music minded, there is Chancel Choir and Con Brio, our bell choir. For adults we have activities almost every day, from contemporary studies to golfing with the Friday Duffers. Children and teens can participate in ministries ranging from Sunday School to Youth Group.
We invite you to join us for worship on Sunday mornings at 10:30 (9:30 during the summer months) or Wednesday evenings (October through April) at 6:00. Or join a small group for one of our ministry opportunities. Visitors are always welcome at Lakeside Presbyterian Church!
Church Office Hours
Monday: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Tuesday – Thursday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm